Detailed information about the latest releases of Cheetah Experiences. Efix information is listed separately in this article. Note that updates are normally rolled out within a few days of the notification date listed.
Latest Features and Updates
New Activities in EDP & Loyalty (29th June 2020)
In this release, we’ve significantly enhanced the integration between Cheetah Experiences and the EDP & Cheetah Loyalty.
Customers can continue to collect first- and zero-party data at scale and send this in real-time into the EDP and to Loyalty but now, we’ll also register an Experience Activity which includes contextual information about the activity the user engaged in.
Customers can use the Experiences Activity to trigger follow-on actions based on properties such as the answers given, the campaign entered, prizes or rewards granted, quiz scores achieved, categories assigned, or recommendations given.
The full power of the EDP, and related Cheetah Digital products, are at your disposal. Use the contextual data to drive segmentation. Unlock an offer, send the coupon code via email or SMS, and use point-of-sale integrations to approve, track and report on follow-on purchases. Reward a high score with Loyalty points. Kick-off an email campaign…
If you are interested in configuring an integration between Cheetah Experiences, EDP and/or Cheetah Loyalty, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
New Studio Apps (27th May 2020)
Studio Team is happy to announce the release of new ways to engage your audience and collect first- and zero-party data, while entertaining your fans. Learn more about Spin to Win, Team Selector, and Pairs Game in the Experience Library. If you are interested in running one of the custom apps, speak to your Customer Success Manager.
Experience Library 2020 (29th April 2020)
The Cheetah Experience Library is the starting point for all marketers who want to create one of our experiences. It can be used for inspiration and also to get recommendations so you can design the perfect experience to meet your marketing objectives. In order to make this process even more efficient, we have introduced a number of improvements:
- You can now filter by marketing objective so no matter if you want to build audience profiles, understand purchase intentions or collect authentic content, you can find the right experience, as recommended by our Customer Success team.
- For those new to the platform, we’ve added a “Getting Started” section featuring our most simple-to-build experiences.
- You can now hover over an experience to get a quick overview to help you explore the library quickly and efficiently. We also call out the key marketing objective each experience addresses as well as providing information such as skill-level required and popularity.
Based on usage metrics and customer feedback, we have decided to remove some example experiences that were not commonly used, and that duplicated the core competencies of other experiences on offer. Don’t worry, though, no features or functions were hurt in the making of this update!
Over the rest of 2020, we will be making many more updates to the Experience Library and the experiences contained within it. We can’t wait to introduce you to them... keep your eye out for further announcements.
Experience Metadata (29th April 2020)
You can now add an optional step to the experience creation wizard, giving you the chance to set custom metadata values for any experience, for example: the sponsor of your experience, attribution tags, the targeted audience segment or the primary newsletter topic for those who opt-in.
This additional information can be sent to other systems along with each entry to ensure that data is processed appropriately. While you can set the values when creating an experience, you can easily adjust them later by visiting the “Settings” area of your experience.
If you are interested in using this feature, reach out to your CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org who can help configure this setting on your account. You will be asked to specify what values you would like to have configured - at present we can support text fields, date fields and dropdowns.
A more rewarding experience (18th December 2019)
Today, we're introducing further enhancements related to rewards, coupons and prizes:
- Instant Coupons. Coupon experiences now support all of the distribution options available in Instant Win experiences... mix and match limited-availability daily coupons, odds-based coupons, and everyone-wins-something coupons. Even have coupons that are only unlocked when you achieve a particular score or fall in a specific score-range!
- Who won what? We've made it easier to see what each entrant has been rewarded. Simply go to the Entries grid and you'll see a new filter on the left called "Granted Rewards". Here, you can filter the list of entries to those that received any reward or those that received a particular one. You can see further details about their reward by clicking on the entry and viewing the "Granted Rewards" section of their entry details.
- Well Done Notification. We've introduced a new email notification which is sent to entrants that are lucky enough to win a prize / reward / coupon. To help personalize the email, you can use our new tokens to add entrant details as well as describe the reward they received.
- Entry Invalidated Notification. We've also introduced a new email notification which is sent to entrants that you invalidate from the Entries grid. This lets a user know that their entry didn't meet the terms and conditions prior to prize fulfilment.
Enjoy. We would like to wish you all a Happy and *Rewarding* Holiday Season!
Introducing Real-time Polls (11th December 2019)
Polls are one of the most popular experiences in the Cheetah Experiences Platform. A poll question can be added to any experience type and it is a great interactive element that helps marketers understand the consumer preferences, gather useful feedback, allowing audiences to express their opinion and provide entertainment. Over the next few weeks, we will be upgrading customer accounts to support a new interactive poll format we call "real-time polls":
Real-time polls can be added to any micro-experience and provide immediate feedback as users make their selection. They introduce new display options and have much greater visual impact. Read more about them in the Introducing Real-time Polls article.
Introducing the New Form Designer (11th December 2019)
In January, we'll be rolling out our new Form Designer to all customers. We have improved the usability and user experience as well as introduced a few updates:
- Easier setup - all essential settings can now be found under the “Settings” tab
- We've removed some fields that weren’t very popular - Data dropdown, Date, Time and Rating
- Timed and Rotating Quizzes have been simplified but you can still randomly order questions, have daily questions, use a countdown timer and control the number of lives available
- We've introduced alt-text support for all images uploaded to quiz questions
- We've introduced a new form creation flow which you can read about here
To learn more about creating and editing forms as well as the different types of fields available, please visit our Understanding Forms article.
Introducing instant daily prizes (10th December 2019)
You can now distribute prizes based on odds (e.g. 1 in 100), as instant daily prizes (e.g. 2 per day), via prize-draws (per day, per week or at the end of your promotion) and as "everyone wins" consolation prizes. Best of all, you can mix-and-match prize methods and eligibility criteria to build a range of incentives including prize unlocks...
- We're giving away 5 signed copies every day!
- You've a 1 in 20 chance of winning a $15 coupon to use in-store or online!
- A real foodie? Score over 90% for a chance to win our mystery bonus prize!
- Everyone will win something!
- And, each week we'll randomly draw two lucky entrants out of the hat to join us in the studio!
To use daily prizes in your next instant win experience, simply select the "Daily" option for one or more of your rewards. If you need any assistance, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager!
Protect your account with Two-Factor Authentication (9th December 2019)
Two-factor authentication helps reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your Cheetah Experiences account. It does this by requiring you to enter a passcode that is generated on your smartphone. Once enabled, it is extremely difficult for a remote attacker to gain access to your account without getting hold of your email/password combination and also the device used to generate passcodes.
Find out how to secure your account in our Introducing Two-Factor Authentication article.