Detailed information about the latest releases of Cheetah Experiences. Efix information is listed separately in this article. Note that updates are normally rolled out within a few days of the notification date listed.
Latest Features and Updates
Additional fraud prevention capabilities for contests (14th September 2020)
To prevent users from circumventing voting policies in contests, fraud prevention settings can be enabled. With this release, we are changing the default setting in contests to use Smart CAPTCHA. It dynamically presents the CAPTCHA challenge when entry rate limits are exceeded. Most users won't see the CAPTCHA. We have also enhanced the voting limits per IP address. If you need more information about the limits, please contact your CSM or Support.
Hourly Prize Allocation and Prizes Rollover for Instant Win Rewards (25th August 2020)
Introducing an easy way to incentivize repeated engagement. You can now give your entrants an opportunity to win a prize every hour. You can select an hourly prize distribution in the setting of your reward and you can also specify the number of rewards available per hour. The system will randomly select winning times, granting a reward to the first user to enter after each winning time.
In addition to that, to help you manage your prize allocation, we are introducing a prize rollover for hourly and daily rewards. If no prize is given away in that specific timeframe, it will be automatically added to the prizes to be won in the next timeframe.
It is the perfect way to encourage entrants to enter repeatedly, use progressive data capture to learn more about them over time, and ensure that all your brand prizes are distributed. Learn more about How to set up an Instant Win Experience.
Date format and export changes (11th August 2020)
We are introducing new date formats for console exports, scheduled exports, and the Export API. This should make it easier to process dates in your local date and time formats. Please carefully review the changes below as they may affect how you process your data.
Exports from the console will soon use a localized date format based on your account locale. For example, for someone in “Europe/Madrid” instead of using the existing format, 2020-04-07T09:45:41 (+1), we will now also use the format for locale es_ES: 7/04/20 9:45:41.
For the Export API, we will be introducing a new version, v4. By default, v4 will return results in standardized ISO format, e.g. 2020-04-07T08:45:41 (yyyy-MM-dd’T’HH:mm:ss), but the API will also support optional parameters to specify a locale and date style. You can review Export API v4 here.
Finally, if you are using Scheduled Exports you will continue to receive the existing format(s) for your exports but you should contact your CSM if you’d like to switch to using another date format.
If you need any further assistance with your data exports, please contact email@example.com or your CSM.
Friendly ID for Instant Win Rewards (11th August 2020)
You can now define a Friendly ID for any Instant Win Reward. Friendly ID a machine-read identifier that is consistent regardless of whether the reward is deleted, recreated, or cloned as part of an experience. It can be used as a consistent identifier for your reward for data integrations, rewards management, loyalty points allocation, and more.
Instant win rewards with richer content (29th July 2020)
We have added the support for description and call-to-action to our Instant Win rewards, giving you an option to present richer content to your winners, tell them more about the reward they won, and even take them to the next step of your choice. To learn more about setting up an Instant Win Experience, please see this article.
Real-time poll App (19th July 2020)
Real-time polls can be added to any micro-experience and provide immediate feedback as users make their selection. The results are calculated in real-time and can be displayed as a count or percentage. We have also revisited the look & feel of polls and have come up with a range of design options that will make your experiences both beautiful and fun to interact with. You can now find the Real-time poll app in the Experiences Library. If you want to learn more about how to create a real-time poll, please see this article.
New updates to the Experience Library (19th July 2020)
We are keeping our word and we are continuing to roll out new features and improvements to the Experience Library. In the past few weeks we have introduced the following:
- New banners in the homepage carousel - keeping you in the know about the most relevant marketing content from Cheetah Digital
- Back button when you visit individual app pages, so you can easily get back to the category screen before (i.e. from Hashtag Giveaway back to Giveaways...)
- New vertical icons - we are giving Experience Library a face-lift
Improved Theme Designer now available for Macro and Micro Experiences (19th July 2020)
Imagine customizing the look and feel of your experiences without any technical resource anytime you change your brand guidelines, for any seasonal marketing event or if you introduce a new sub-brand into your product portfolio. Theme Designer is a powerful tool in the Cheetah Experiences platform allowing you to edit the overall styling of your experiences without any technical knowledge. If you haven’t used it before, read more about How to Customize a Theme. With this release, we have focused on usability enhancements and we have introduced Theme Designer for Micro Experiences’ themes.
We have simplified the UI to help you make style updates more efficiently. Some of the key enhancements are:
- Easier font selection, including custom fonts
- Improved color-picker with quick-preview of the selected color
- Enhanced drag & drop functionality for design assets
- More descriptive tooltips to help you understand what kind of values are accepted
- Theme history now shows exact changes that have been made over time and you can revert the changes at any point
- For those of you who are more familiar with CSS, any number of values can be changed using simple keyboard commands such as Arrow key Up or Down to change the number by 1, Shift +
- Up or Down arrow key to change the number by 10, Alt + Up or Down to changed the number by 0.1
- You can use variables and formulas to automatically adjust a value
You can now also create your customized themes for Micro Experiences, using one of our default system themes - Tint or Block. Micro Experiences have a different set of design settings available. If you want to learn more about the ways you can style a Micro Experience, please see this article that will take you through selecting a theme, choosing the right assets, and explain all the design settings.
New Activities in EDP & Loyalty (29th June 2020)
In this release, we’ve significantly enhanced the integration between Cheetah Experiences and the EDP & Cheetah Loyalty.
Customers can continue to collect first- and zero-party data at scale and send this in real-time into the EDP and to Loyalty but now, we’ll also register an Experience Activity which includes contextual information about the activity the user engaged in.
Customers can use the Experiences Activity to trigger follow-on actions based on properties such as the answers given, the campaign entered, prizes or rewards granted, quiz scores achieved, categories assigned, or recommendations given.
The full power of the EDP, and related Cheetah Digital products, are at your disposal. Use the contextual data to drive segmentation. Unlock an offer, send the coupon code via email or SMS, and use point-of-sale integrations to approve, track and report on follow-on purchases. Reward a high score with Loyalty points. Kick-off an email campaign…
If you are interested in configuring an integration between Cheetah Experiences, EDP and/or Cheetah Loyalty, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
New Studio Apps (27th May 2020)
Studio Team is happy to announce the release of new ways to engage your audience and collect first- and zero-party data, while entertaining your fans. Learn more about Spin to Win, Team Selector, and Pairs Game in the Experience Library. If you are interested in running one of the custom apps, speak to your Customer Success Manager.
Experience Library 2020 (29th April 2020)
The Cheetah Experience Library is the starting point for all marketers who want to create one of our experiences. It can be used for inspiration and also to get recommendations so you can design the perfect experience to meet your marketing objectives. In order to make this process even more efficient, we have introduced a number of improvements:
- You can now filter by marketing objective so no matter if you want to build audience profiles, understand purchase intentions or collect authentic content, you can find the right experience, as recommended by our Customer Success team.
- For those new to the platform, we’ve added a “Getting Started” section featuring our most simple-to-build experiences.
- You can now hover over an experience to get a quick overview to help you explore the library quickly and efficiently. We also call out the key marketing objective each experience addresses as well as providing information such as skill-level required and popularity.
Based on usage metrics and customer feedback, we have decided to remove some example experiences that were not commonly used, and that duplicated the core competencies of other experiences on offer. Don’t worry, though, no features or functions were hurt in the making of this update!
Over the rest of 2020, we will be making many more updates to the Experience Library and the experiences contained within it. We can’t wait to introduce you to them... keep your eye out for further announcements.
Experience Metadata (29th April 2020)
You can now add an optional step to the experience creation wizard, giving you the chance to set custom metadata values for any experience, for example: the sponsor of your experience, attribution tags, the targeted audience segment or the primary newsletter topic for those who opt-in.
This additional information can be sent to other systems along with each entry to ensure that data is processed appropriately. While you can set the values when creating an experience, you can easily adjust them later by visiting the “Settings” area of your experience.
If you are interested in using this feature, reach out to your CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org who can help configure this setting on your account. You will be asked to specify what values you would like to have configured - at present we can support text fields, date fields and dropdowns.
A more rewarding experience (18th December 2019)
Today, we're introducing further enhancements related to rewards, coupons and prizes:
- Instant Coupons. Coupon experiences now support all of the distribution options available in Instant Win experiences... mix and match limited-availability daily coupons, odds-based coupons, and everyone-wins-something coupons. Even have coupons that are only unlocked when you achieve a particular score or fall in a specific score-range!
- Who won what? We've made it easier to see what each entrant has been rewarded. Simply go to the Entries grid and you'll see a new filter on the left called "Granted Rewards". Here, you can filter the list of entries to those that received any reward or those that received a particular one. You can see further details about their reward by clicking on the entry and viewing the "Granted Rewards" section of their entry details.
- Well Done Notification. We've introduced a new email notification which is sent to entrants that are lucky enough to win a prize / reward / coupon. To help personalize the email, you can use our new tokens to add entrant details as well as describe the reward they received.
- Entry Invalidated Notification. We've also introduced a new email notification which is sent to entrants that you invalidate from the Entries grid. This lets a user know that their entry didn't meet the terms and conditions prior to prize fulfilment.
Enjoy. We would like to wish you all a Happy and *Rewarding* Holiday Season!
Introducing Real-time Polls (11th December 2019)
Polls are one of the most popular experiences in the Cheetah Experiences Platform. A poll question can be added to any experience type and it is a great interactive element that helps marketers understand the consumer preferences, gather useful feedback, allowing audiences to express their opinion and provide entertainment. Over the next few weeks, we will be upgrading customer accounts to support a new interactive poll format we call "real-time polls":
Real-time polls can be added to any micro-experience and provide immediate feedback as users make their selection. They introduce new display options and have much greater visual impact. Read more about them in the Introducing Real-time Polls article.
Introducing the New Form Designer (11th December 2019)
In January, we'll be rolling out our new Form Designer to all customers. We have improved the usability and user experience as well as introduced a few updates:
- Easier setup - all essential settings can now be found under the “Settings” tab
- We've removed some fields that weren’t very popular - Data dropdown, Date, Time and Rating
- Timed and Rotating Quizzes have been simplified but you can still randomly order questions, have daily questions, use a countdown timer and control the number of lives available
- We've introduced alt-text support for all images uploaded to quiz questions
- We've introduced a new form creation flow which you can read about here
To learn more about creating and editing forms as well as the different types of fields available, please visit our Understanding Forms article.
Introducing instant daily prizes (10th December 2019)
You can now distribute prizes based on odds (e.g. 1 in 100), as instant daily prizes (e.g. 2 per day), via prize-draws (per day, per week or at the end of your promotion) and as "everyone wins" consolation prizes. Best of all, you can mix-and-match prize methods and eligibility criteria to build a range of incentives including prize unlocks...
- We're giving away 5 signed copies every day!
- You've a 1 in 20 chance of winning a $15 coupon to use in-store or online!
- A real foodie? Score over 90% for a chance to win our mystery bonus prize!
- Everyone will win something!
- And, each week we'll randomly draw two lucky entrants out of the hat to join us in the studio!
To use daily prizes in your next instant win experience, simply select the "Daily" option for one or more of your rewards. If you need any assistance, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager!
Protect your account with Two-Factor Authentication (9th December 2019)
Two-factor authentication helps reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your Cheetah Experiences account. It does this by requiring you to enter a passcode that is generated on your smartphone. Once enabled, it is extremely difficult for a remote attacker to gain access to your account without getting hold of your email/password combination and also the device used to generate passcodes.
Find out how to secure your account in our Introducing Two-Factor Authentication article.