Marigold Loyalty’s Dynamic Rewards allow customers the ability to dynamically reward a member with a variable discount based on their point balance (versus a static reward). Through the use of the Redeem Dynamic Reward API, brands can calculate the cost of the rewards and apply an applicable discount, debit the points from a member based on the number of points converted to a discount, or in the case of a return, credit the points previously deducted. Note that the variable points and corresponding rewards are set up by the customer outside of the Loyalty product.
Note: Loyalty’s Dynamic Rewards and its related API are meant to provide the capability and mechanism to debit or credit metrics only. It is necessary for customers to define the metric to discount conversion rate, calculate the conversion rate, and apply the applicable discount to the transaction outside of the Loyalty Platform, such as within their systems, applications, Point of Sale, Web, or Mobile offerings.
Dynamic Reward Setup
Create a Dynamic Reward
1. Navigate to Rewards > Rewards in the Loyalty Admin Console.
2. Enter a Display Name for the Reward.
3. Click + Create.
Configure a Dynamic Reward
- In the Edit Reward pop-up, enter all applicable initial configuration items:
- Reward Type = Dynamic
- Required Metric should be left blank
- Categories = reward categories
- Images: Select the applicable dynamic reward images
- Click Save.
3. Click on the newly-created dynamic reward. Here you will configure the remaining items as applicable:
- Definition: Fill in Extra JSON and Effectivity Periods (Response and Usage)
- Eligibility: Included and/or Excluded Segments and Included and/or Excluded Locations
- Advanced Options: Specify Limits, Acceptance of Terms, Business Value, Message, Sharing, and Placement preferences.
4. Configure the Main Reward Effectivity
a. Access the Edit Reward screen, located next to the Status. Edit as applicable:
- Select assignees.
- Select from and to date availability and whether it is recurring.
- Select time zone.
- Select the desired attribute(s)
- Select time zone.
b. Click Save.
Publish a Dynamic Reward
1. Click on the Status dropdown, then select Publish.
2. Click Confirm.
Returns and Credit in Dynamic Rewards
In order for the system to process a refund or credit for the member, an Activity Type and an Earn Rule must be configured in Loyalty.
1. Navigate to Program > Activity Types in the Loyalty Admin Console.
2. Enter a Display Name for the Activity Type and click + Create.
3. Complete the fields in the Edit Activity Type screen as applicable:
4. Click Save. An example is displayed below:
1. Navigate to Rules > Earn Rules in the Loyalty Admin Console.
2. In the desired Dynamic Reward, click on the Edit Earn Rule pop-up under the Calculation column:
3. Upload a template or update the expression as applicable.
4. Click Save.