The Profile Stream Loyalty Product feature enables you to configure and manage which member attributes, preferences, and metrics should be shared across Marigold products to enable personalization related to the member profile in a campaign.
The Profile Stream Loyalty Product feature offers a streamlined data exchange between Marigold Loyalty and Marigold Portfolio Products allowing marketers to create personalized and targeted campaigns with higher accuracy, delivering more consistent results. Profile Streaming is a data stream from Marigold Loyalty to the portfolio products, without the need for queries, exports and imports, triggered actions, or scheduled jobs. The setup process is intuitive, easy to set up, and requires no scripting or programming.
The selected details are sent any time a value changes in Marigold Loyalty, which means higher accuracy delivering more consistent results, reducing latency that may have been experienced in other methods, and gives marketers the opportunity to create consistent, personalized campaigns that drive engagement, retention and loyalty.
Note: Though it is possible to sync Profile data with other Marigold products, the Profile Streaming feature in Marigold Loyalty is currently supported for integration with Marigold Engage+ only.
Enable the Feature Flag for Profile Streaming to be made available in the customer’s Loyalty instance (Early Adopter Release through CY24 requires Support to complete this step). Note that Early Adopter Release may be used for Demos, New Customer implementations, Early Adopter Candidates, and Existing Customer Testing.
Note: Early Adopter Access available in October to the North American and EMEA regions through the end of 2023. The feature will become available to other regions in phases beginning in Q1 2024. Please contact your CSM for further information If you would like to be considered for the Early Adopter release.
Enable Profile Streaming in Loyalty
To enable Profile Streaming within the Loyalty product, the following steps should be completed:
Set accessibility Roles and Permissions
- The Profile Stream Page is accessible by Default to Admin users:
- Access to the page can be granted to other Roles as needed or when applicable by configuring the role’s permission or access to the page.
- Standard Privilege access applies to this role; you may be granted the following permissions: Read, Write, or Admin permissions.
Access Profile Stream in Loyalty
- Access Loyalty Admin Console and Navigate to Admin > Integrations > Profile Stream. The Profile Stream is initially set to Draft status and will record the Last Saved Date and Time.
- Upon accessing the page, you will be directed to the Manage Fields tab. Within Managed Fields, the following actions may be performed:
- Search and Select the fields to be made available for the service
- Add Fields to a configurations or Modify Fields in an existing configuration
- View Selected Fields
- Save Selected Field Configuration
- Enable/ Disable the streaming service
- Deploy Metadata for the service
Configure Profile Streaming in Loyalty
Search and Select Fields
- Search Field Type drop-down options:
- Member Attribute - enables the search and return of Published Attributes Only.
- Member Preferences - enables search and return of Preferences Only.
Member Metrics - enables the ability to search all Member Metrics.
- Select which metric information to stream.
- When a metric is selected, the following data will be streamed for each metric: total_earned, total_redeemed, total_expired, and balance.
- Select a Field Type first from the Search Available Fields type drop-down and then search by field name or partial search. Select the field and then click the “+” to add the field to the selected area; repeat until all desired fields are selected. Click Save.
- Several fields are pre-selected by design in the Profile Stream page, and they are expected to be enabled: member_id, email, mobile_phone, first_name, last_name, current_tier, tier_in_progression, expiration_date, deactivated, and visitor.
- Fields may be added and removed that have been added; however, the standard set of default fields cannot be removed.
- When searching for a field in the Search Available Fields drop-down, you may perform a full or partial search. Any Fields within the Field Type selected matching your search criteria will display automatically in the search drop-down.
- Select the desired field and click the “+” to add the field to the selected area. Repeat until all desired fields are selected.
- Save selections by clicking on the Save button on the page.
- If there are uncommitted fields in the Search Available fields box, the Save Button will be disabled and a hover message will be displayed:
Enable Streaming and Deploy Metadata
Note: Make any necessary updates within the recipient Marigold product prior to enabling the streaming service in Loyalty. Please see the section of the user guide on how to Configure Loyalty Profile Streaming in Engage+.
- Switch the Enable toggle on to enable the Streaming Service.
Note: You may pause or disable the service by turning the Enable toggle off.
- After the toggle is enabled (or disabled), a Deploy Profile Data Metadata prompt will appear, if this step has not yet been completed. To deploy metadata, click on the Actions drop-down and click Deploy New Version. After doing so, the Profile Streaming Service is active.
Note: You also may View or Validate Profile Streaming Metadata as well.
Example of enabled Profile Streaming configuration
Update or Modify an Existing Configuration
The existing Enabled Streaming configuration may be re-entered to modify the set of attributes, preferences, and/or metrics selected by adding or removing fields. While any fields they previously added can be removed, the pre-selected default/ standard fields cannot. These fields will have the Delete icon grayed out as a result.
It is recommended to follow the below guidelines to modify your configuration:
- Disable or Pause the Streaming Service by toggling the Enabled toggle to ‘Off’.
- Deploy Metadata.
- Perform field searches, add new fields, remove existing fields, and save as needed.
- Make any necessary updates within the recipient Marigold product prior to enabling the streaming service in Loyalty.
- Switch the Enable toggle to On.
- Deploy metadata in order to make the modification active.
Profile Stream History
The Profile Stream History tab allows for access to recent history of synchronized streaming changes, status changes, and any Loyalty error messages which may have occurred.
- Access Loyalty Admin Console and Navigate to Admin > Integrations > Profile Stream.
- Navigate to the History tab within the Profile Stream page.