With multiple members' accounts, you can consolidate them by merging. Merging accounts helps you organize accounts for existing members in your Loyalty system. This article addresses how to merge accounts through CSV using member id and batch actions.
How to Merge Accounts?
This document summarizes the steps on how to merge accounts using the csr batch action.
- Create a CSV file.
- File header should be:
- member_id -- This is the main account where all the data will be transferred.
- source_member_id -- This is the shell account or the account that will be deactivated.
- File header should be:
- Import via csr_jobs
- Go to Members > CSR > Batch Actions.
- Create a display name.
- Select Action Type: Batch Merge Accounts.
- Add the csv file (Choose File) then click Save.
- Click the play button to run the import. Batch Action icons as follows: Run, Edit, History, or Delete.
- Check the Import status
- After running the import, click on the History button to check the status and to download files for sanity checking or if there are failed imports, csv file for failed rows will be provided as well.
- Check the profile of the accounts merged
Successful vs Unsuccessful Merge Examples:
Shell account merged to Main Account:
Main Account activities after merging the shell account:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What information from the Source Member ID record is written into the Member ID record (attributes, preferences, orders, and activities. For points, are the balances added or are transactions merged to provide the new balance etc. )?
- A Customer can configure what records, metrics, objects, etc. are included in the Merge using the Program Settings under the Merge Accounts Category. There are 6 settings:
- Member Attributes: Member Attributes to merge
- Merge Attributes: Flag [true/false]
- Merge Metrics: Flag [true/false]
- Metrics: Metrics to merge
- Member Attributes to Prefix: Member attributes to prefix upon merge
- Response Types: Responses to Merge
- When using the Manual Merge from the CSR menu, a preview of the Merged items is provided. Example from an account which has a number of merge items selected in the program setting is below:
In addition there are Internal Settings:
- Skips member attributes with values present. Preserves value in target Member. The conflicts in values are listed.
- This is not an Env Var or Program Setting. In both the CSR and CVS Member Merges, only member attributes in which are null/empty will be updated.
- MERGE_ALL_FIELDS - is no longer available
- If a value exists already within the Member ID record, is the Source Member ID records’ value disregarded or does it overwrite the existing value in the Member ID record? This depends on the Program Settings configured and the Internal options configured above.